Cuirass “The King's Guard”
Western plate cuirass, late 14th c.
Cuirass “The King's Guard”
Churburg breastplate, late 14th c.
One more piece of our “The King's Guard” armor kit. This cuirass is made of 16 ga stainless steel. The 9-segments piece includes plackart combined with breastplate and side plates covering the front, sides, and lower part of the back. It is one of few types of plate body armour which allows significant size adjustment thanks to flexible side elements and leather straps.
Cuirass is decorated with etching on stainless and etched brass borders as well.
Stainless steel fauld covered with leather is not included, but available in store.
To check how to measure yourself please click here.
Please contact us if you have any additional questions.
Important note about measurements: please take into account that we need your measurements in gambeson, choses or other under-armour gear you are planning to use with this armor. The only exception is when you are ordering both armour and padding from our company — in this case you can send us your body measurements. For sabatons please send your footwear actual measurements.
Safety disclaimer: Sword-fighting and fencing is a dangerous sport. Fencing, historical fencing, medieval reenactment and martial arts as well as other related types of activity, are inherently connected to a certain risk level of injuries or death. The Company declines all responsibility for any traumas or harm done to oneself or to the third person, along with any material or consequential damage, impaired during the products usage. We admonish that all acts with armour, weapons or their components have to be performed before designated person who is responsible for safety of the particular event and accredited to supervise armour and sport weapon conformance to the event’s standards.
- Cuirass Front plate: (Psalm 91:5) Non timebis a timore nocturno, a sagitta volante in die, a peste perambulante in tenebris (Not be afraid of the terror of the night, of the arrow that flieth in the day, of the business that walketh about in the dark), (Psalm 91:7) Cadent a latere tuo milleet decem milia a dextris tuis; ad te (A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand: but it shall not come nigh thee)
- Side plates (Psalm 91:13): Super aspidem et basiliscum ambulabis | conculcabis leonem et draconem (Thou shalt walk upon the asp and the basilisk: and thou shalt trample under foot the lion and the dragon)
- Cold-forged (16 ga stainless steel)
- Solid rivets only: steel, brass, handmade casting
- Handmade casting buckles
- Deep etching which holds well
- Genuine leather
This item is part of the “The King's Guard” collection View collection